Regular Contributor
dwarfess
Re: Success Stories and Encouragement
[ Edited ]

Daughter wanted to move and found that because her credit was so bad, no one would rent to her.  She didn’t know how her credit could possibly be bad because since filing bankruptcy in 2001 she hasn’t used any credit.  She keeps no records, receipts or statements for anything!  She throws away collection notices, has no checking account and pays everything in cash or with a money order.

First thing I found was that the bankruptcy was “dismissed” not discharged.  I searched WA court records to verify judgments.  Also searched WA dept of licensing to verify licenses of the collection agencies.  Finally, I sent dispute letters for almost everything:

01/18/08:         TU – 711         EQ – 667         EX - 738

11/16/07:         TU – 694         EQ – 668         EX - 731

09/20/07:         TU – 548         EQ – 577         EX - 576

Derogatory  Listings                Date                  EQ                       TU                         EX 

Judgment – Citibank                     Jan 01              Deleted                   Deleted              Deleted

Judgment – Citibank (duplicate)    Feb 01              Deleted                 Not listed              Deleted

Judgment – Former Landlord        Sep 02             Deleted                 Not listed              650

Macys – Wage Earner Plan            Aug 95            Deleted                 Not listed              Not listed

Collection – Fairway Collections   Sep 02             Deleted                 1576                     Not listed

Collection – HSBC/Tax                 Jan 06                241                        241                      241

Collection – AllianceOne              Apr 04             Not listed               Not listed              Deleted

Collection - Merchants ME            Mar 03             1735                      1735                  Not listed

Collection - West Asset                  Mar 03             1067                      1067                    1067

Collection – Credit Protection        Jun 02            Deleted                  Deleted                Deleted         

Collection – Credit Protection        Nov 04            Deleted                  Deleted                Deleted         

Collection – ER Solutions              Oct 06             Deleted                  Not listed              Deleted

Collection – WCI                            Oct 06             Not listed               Deleted                 Not listed

Deletions were CRA errors (duplicate Citi judgment, bogus Alliance collection, SOL Macy's), DV'd Cred Prot, ER & WCI - they deleted.  SOL Citi judgment Jan '08.  Bankruptcy dismissal will drop-off Apr ’08.

Added her as AU on 5 of my accounts, but did not give her the cards.  She received Wamu & Hooters MC approval Jan '08.

Message Edited by dwarfess on 01-22-2008 11:56 AM