Established Member
stevets
Re: Success Stories and Encouragement
When I first found this forum about a month ago my credit report had a lot to be desired. I had 5 collection accounts, two of which were duplicates and no revolving credit accounts. After days, and days, and days of reading various posts covering almost every imaginable topic concerning credit, I started to take some steps toward repairing my credit. Since then I have had three collections deleted from all three of my CR's just by disputing them with the CRA's. My FAKO's have jumped about 40 points on EX and EQ and about 15 for TU, when my student loan reports in a few days for the sixth month I will be able to get an actual FICO score, I must say I am anxious to see what that turns out to be. After getting some of those collections off I went ahead and applied for an Orchard Gold card, for once I was approved for a non secure CC, it should be here in about a week or so and I have to say that I am pretty excited for that as well. I only have one unpaid collection left, which I am trying to PFD, and one other PIF baddie (the most recent) that I am sendng a GW letter for. If it were not for the vast amount of knowledge and advice which people so generously share on this site I would not have had the first clue of how to get to where I am now. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site.