shenny07
Re: Still Waiting for Preapproval

Finally got a response from the loan officer yesterday, 3 weeks after signing the loan docs....

She said the underwriters put the loan in "suspense" until I supply more information with a small list a additonal required paperwork none of which seemed like a huge deal until I got to the end asking for my W2's from 2008??

It said I needed W2 from 2008 and 2009 - showing that I made more than $1,909.00 per month. Which I am not sure I can provide, I bartended and not sure what I made on paper to be honest but most of it was tips.  I dont even know where to go to find out, I tried to go to tax act to look at previous years tax returns to check but they do no go back that far.

I cant believe they want W2 from almost 5 years ago? I mean be they time this settles it will likely be 2013. Why in the world would they need W2's that old? They didnt ask for my husband W2's from that long ago? Does that seem a bit extremem to anyone else?

Anyway I am not sure what we are going to do at this point, if I cant provide the W2's I guess we will just. but we are planning a baby and I will be taking some time off work so does that mean I will have to wait 5 years after I go back to have enough W2's to apply again? Ugh sooo bummed.