Valued Member
bigboihill
Re: Proof of Paid Charge-Off

IOBA wrote:

bigboihill - keep yoru paid off letter in hand.  Does it specifically reference the Barclays cc account ending in xxxx?    Most underwriters can make the logic leap from your letter from ARS to Barclays chargeoff being paid.

As for Barclays, don't poke them unless you have to.   If you absolutely NEED to - underwriter says so - then you can maybe do a 3 way call and get verbal confirmation of the debt paid off.  Barclays is slow to update to the credit bureaus in my experience.

Thanks IOBA!  I actually called Barclays yesterday and spoke to a rep who stated that the account is showing paid in full on their end.  She stated that this has already been reported to the CRA.  I asked her to send me a letter stating such and she complied.  So now I will have a letter from the CA and the OC stating that the debt has been paid in full.  

The rep tried to get me to mail their credit dispute department, but I told her that I didn't have time to wait on mail correspondence (plus I don't want any dispute comments).  However, she did mention that she was creating a case about it because this is a problem.  So, I don't know what she meant by that statement.  I guess I'll have to wait and see if the CR updates.  Either way, I will have two letters stating that the debt has been paid in full!