Frequent Contributor
NewbieReed
Re: First Time Homebuyer in this Crazy Housing Market

MovingForward_2012 wrote:
+1, with rates so low, you aren't gaining anything with a ARM except risk as rates will be on the rise in a few years.

I initially was going to have a broker do my loan but I found a new construction and would lose out on $15K in incentives so I went with the builder's lender to get the incentives. The biggest thing I noticed that is different between a LO and broker is the broker tends to have a well rounded picture of the mortgage business and can easily answer most if not all your questions. The LO on the other hand, tends to lack that experience and is more focused on crunching the numbers to send to loan processing. The Broker I was working with had a team of loan officers working for him and he verified their work and spent the extra time getting to know you and your unique situation and extend a hand to help in those areas and also to give you a deeper understanding of what your application goes through to get approved and why. This has been my personal experience.

Where did u find ur broker? recommended by someone u kno? a bannk? online? 

The broker that spent the time getting to know u, but u didnt go with them on ur purchase -- is there a penalty for that? a fee? 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 4/2013 TU FICO 697, 02/2013 EQ 698 FICO (lender) 04/2013 674 Credit Sesame
NEW GOAL SCORE FOR 2013Breaking into the 700 club
[OLD GOALS: For now- 680 on all 3 = GOAL REACHED IN 02/2013}
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
App Free since 2.8.13