Established Contributor
thankfulheart
Re: (Hopefully) My Journey to Homeownership

It's FBC Mortgage.

So, she sent the builder the "pre-qual now" (whatever that is) and told me the conditional approval will take about 3 weeks.  I have no idea what that means or where we are in the process.  I like checkboxes and orderly information. I don't think they are used to dealing with people who are as involved (controlling? LOL!) as I like to be. I have a limited window of opportunity to move into the new house this fall and I think we might be cutting it very close. The builder rep keeps telling me that my "timeline looks good", but I'm not so sure at this point.  I need ground to break by the middle of July if I'm going to get it done on time.

I went ahead and sent the IBR request to the current student loan lender, even though the loans have an "origination" date of 6/22 (again, whatever that means).  I'm hoping I can get that done as it's pretty much the only major hangup right now.  I'm trying to convince them that since I've qualified for IBR from one lender, I will qualify for the other and it's just a matter of doing the math.  Don't have answers yet around that.

I'm still chapped about the divorce requirement for child support to count as income.  It's in a legal, binding agreement.  I'm hoping the UW can make it work somehow. 

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)