Blogger
HiLine
Re: Score Watch not updating?

llecs wrote:

Couple of scenarios:

1) The 742 is a CC-enhanced FICO or even Beacon 9.0,  and the classic Beacon 5.0 as on here didn't hit 700.

2) Your FICO did increase to 742 (congrats BTW), but because your EQ FICO is only monitored every 7-10 days, something like a balance increase or a new TL triggered a score drop bringing you back to 699 or less resulting in no score alert.

3) The 742 happened before your latest 699 alert and your score is really at 699 now.

4) The 742 is still inside the 7-10 days and an alert is forthcoming.

Just throwing out some ideas. Doesn't mean it is so, but these popped in my mind. For best results always set your target score to EXACTLY match your current score. This way if your score drops, you'll get alerted too.

Thanks for the reply! To follow up on the scenarios you listed, the last change in my credit account that I'm aware of happened 2 weeks ago, and the 742 FICO score was pulled by the bank 10 days ago, so I'm pretty sure that's a more recent score than the Score Watch 699. I'll wait for another few days for an alert, having already set the alert threshold to 699. 

I'm surprised you mentioned that Score Watch only monitors scores every 7-10 days, since the 699 was reported just 1 day after a previous 703, the drop being the result of a hard pull. 

If there's indeed a difference in scoring models, how big of a fluctuation should I expect? I'm confused that there should be multiple FICO scores generated from one credit report. Isn't it confusing enough that there are multiple types of credit scores, e.g. Vantage and FAKO?