NontraditionalCredit
Re: Unable to obtain a FICO Score
[ Edited ]

Well, that explanation is certainly more helpful than the one that I got from customer service...

Thank you for contacting myFICO Customer Care. Scoring questions are difficult to assess via email - investigating your concern requires asking you some questions. We are unable to efficiently assist you by email.
Please call one of our Customer Service representatives at 1-800-319-4433 (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM; Saturday 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific Time), and we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
myFICO Customer Care
www.myFICO.com

Why are they unable to assist by email? Because it would require asking questions? I don't see what's so hard about asking questions in an email, or via any other form of electronic information. Perhaps if they said they needed to ask for something like my social security number, and that they don't ask for this kind of information via email because it's insecure or something to that effect, I would understand, but no such explanation. Just that it's "inefficient" (like having to be left on hold isn't inefficient for the consumer in which case I think their idea of customer service is backwards.) Anyway, end of rant.

The situation with my credit is that about 10 years ago, when I was younger, I didn't manage what little credit I was given very well, and have since never messed with it again.  So I think of the three reasons given why I might not have a FICO score, or with TransUnion at least is probably because I don't have any open, or active accounts. Interestingly enough though, when I tried pulling up my scores with Equifax.com, I did have an Equifax, and Experian Score. Just not a Transunion score.