Established Contributor
cashnocredit
Re: FICO Monitoring Deficiency

Sebago wrote:

I have been a FICO® Quarterly Monitoring subscriber for about 5 years. I just received my quarterly report and noted that a BOA CC I co-signed showed up on the report. Although legitimate, I am concerned I never received a FICO alert regarding this new account. The card was opened on Oct 4th and has been used.   I spoke to My FICO about the lack of an alert and was told that since the CC company is now just reporting that they (My Fico) would only now be cognizant of the new CC account and that I would likely receive an alert on this coming Friday when they send out the weekly email I requested. To me this is a flaw in their system. I’m not sure how it can be rectified but this means someone could fraudulently open a new account under my name and use the card for many weeks (+7 in this case) before I would be aware of the new account.   Considering canceling my subscription.   

You won't get an alert until the creditor you opened an account with decides to report it to the CRA. You should get an alert when an inq. was made but only if it was made to the monitored CRA.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy15k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k