New Contributor
rena347
Re: MyFico Sucks
[ Edited ]

I actually had the same experience (forgetting to cancel within the trial period) with another credit score/monitoring service. I signed up for the trial period and forgot to cancel until I saw the charge on my credit card. I figured, well I already paid for the month so I will use it and cancel before the next monthly charge. I wasn't impressed with the service especially after I read on this forum that they were giving me a fako score and not a fico score. Anyway, I did remember to call the day before that next month ended to cancel. The CSR asked me why I was cancelling and I said it was because they weren't giving out a true fico score. They must have heard that reason before because she gave me whole spiel about how lenders use all kinds of different scores so it really didn't matter because I should use their score just as a guideline. After she finally stopped to take a breath, I told her I appreciated the information but wanted to cancel. She then proceeded to offer to continue the service for half price ($8.95 instead of the current $17.95) for the next 24 months. I told her no again and she finally agreed to cancel. I guess my point is that all of the services that offer free trial period will bill you at the end of the trial period if you don't call to cancel.