Valued Contributor
slyhouse08
Re: GW this....support group!
This address worked...when my DW sent this for her cousin...last month...

SEARS

P.O. Box 6189

Sioux Falls, SD57117

June 5, 2008

Regarding: Account # XXXXXXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing a letter regarding my experience with Sears that is a mixture of an appreciative “thank-you” and an urgent request concerning a Sears Credit Card tradeline in my credit files that I would like to have reworked. Currently I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a “goodwill” adjustment to your reporting to the three credit reporting agencies.

According to my credit report, I have 2 30 day lates from May 2003 and March 2006. These late payments were due to my financial hardships and I do apologize. I don’t say this to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that this is not a good indicator of my credit worthiness.

I received the Sears Card in 2002 and during that time I enjoyed the experience; this was one of the first credit cards I have ever had. It is my sincere hope that Sears is willing to work with me on erasing both of these marks off my credit reports. All I can do is hope you will adjust the late payments which will help my credit score. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a “goodwill adjustment.”

Although I no longer maintain a Sears Card, I sincerely hope that there is redemption at Sears, and I beg for such consideration. Please let me know if you need any addition paperwork that will help in you decision of this matter. I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you on this matter.

Very Sincerely,