New Contributor
freshstart2012
Possible PFD response??

I got a letter from Resurgent/LVNV today and this is what it states:

"Resurgent Capital Services L.P. ("Resurgent"), one of its servicing agencies, or one of the three major consumer reporting agencies has received an inquiry on this account.  Resurgent manages this account for the current creditor indicated above and is currently investigating your claim.  Once a determination is made, we will contact you with the results of our research.  If your account is currently being reported to the three major consumer reporting agencies, we will submit a request to update your tradeline to "account information disputed by consumer".

If you have any questions, please contact one of our Customer Service Representatives"

What in the world does this mean?  I sent them a PFD last week.  The one in the mail came back undeliverable.  The ones via e-mail never brought back a response.  This is the second letter from Resurgent in a week.  Before this I never heard from them before. DH just had LVNV on his report.  I sent out PFDs and now I'm getting letters from them.  The one earlier this week was a dunning notice I believe and now this.

Why are they looking at it as a dispute instead of a PFD offer?  What do I do next?  I was going to send out more PFD letters next week which I have altered to include Resurgent in the name. 

Kinda confused.

GOALS
GW Crescent bank to delete 3 30 day lates, GW Transouth Financial to delete 4 30 day lates, GW Sams club, GW Service Credit Union, GW Paramount Recovery, PFD LVNV Funding, PFD Applied Bank, PFD Capital One, PFD Asset Acceptance, PFD Capital One