New Contributor
RecoveringShopaholic
Posts: 61
Registered: ‎12-18-2011
App itch, sad denials, and a ghostly wage garnishment--BAD WEEK

so with my new credit worthy scores, I thought I'd take the gamble and see if I could get some higher limits out there besided Orchard and Credit One.  Umm...nope!  I tried Walmart and Mazuma CU.  Walmart said you will get a response in 7-10days, called the back door number and got an Im sorry but no from a very nice Indian Peggy.  Mazuma said review necessary.  I thought Yeah!  since I have the bk, they wanted to do an extra review even though they had my good scores. They stated give us 300 and we will give you a secured card, no go on unsecured.  oh well.  lesson learned.  back to letting time pass and I will try again in 6 months. 

 

 

OHHH and out the blue, I got garnished!  ha!  Old med bills that werent included in my BK.  they tried to sue me once, but because my bk, they suspended the court date, well I forgot about the date to go back, the guy won the judgment and it took them 6 months to execute the garnishment.  I believe they watched until my bk was discharged.  I got hit 422 bucks out of my ck. I would fight it however, the total judgment was 1000, 2 more hits and Its paid, it will cost me more to fight it.  So Im taking this whipping. 

 

Its been a rough week.  the road back to life is a bumpy one to say the least. 

 

good luck all!


Starting Score: 479 (TU) 481 (EQ) 508 (EX FAKO) November 2011
Current Score: 687 (TU 3/26/2012 Lender pull) 658 (EQ 3/15/12 Score Watch) 640 (EX FAKO)
Goal Score: 740+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
rckstrscott
Posts: 2,660
Registered: ‎04-25-2011
Re: App itch, sad denials, and a ghostly wage garnishment--BAD WEEK

RecoveringShopaholic wrote:

so with my new credit worthy scores, I thought I'd take the gamble and see if I could get some higher limits out there besided Orchard and Credit One.  Umm...nope!  I tried Walmart and Mazuma CU.  Walmart said you will get a response in 7-10days, called the back door number and got an Im sorry but no from a very nice Indian Peggy.  Mazuma said review necessary.  I thought Yeah!  since I have the bk, they wanted to do an extra review even though they had my good scores. They stated give us 300 and we will give you a secured card, no go on unsecured.  oh well.  lesson learned.  back to letting time pass and I will try again in 6 months. 

 

 

OHHH and out the blue, I got garnished!  ha!  Old med bills that werent included in my BK.  they tried to sue me once, but because my bk, they suspended the court date, well I forgot about the date to go back, the guy won the judgment and it took them 6 months to execute the garnishment.  I believe they watched until my bk was discharged.  I got hit 422 bucks out of my ck. I would fight it however, the total judgment was 1000, 2 more hits and Its paid, it will cost me more to fight it.  So Im taking this whipping. 

 

Its been a rough week.  the road back to life is a bumpy one to say the least. 

 

good luck all!


Bad weeks will happen.. I am going through the home buying process, and in the past 21 days I had a new collection come up from LVNV, which I had to fight to get deleted, the IRS refused to abate any of my tax penelties and interest so I had to send out 7k to them, and then the state of illinois tax lien I had on my credit, which was listed at $1374, was actually over 3k... lol just gotta take each hurdle as they come, overcome them, and move on to the next until there are no more hurdles.

 

I am fairly sure there is nothing possible that I could owe now... but I wouldn't be suprised if another one hit before I actually close, because that is just how this has been going :smileywink:

 

My only real advice would be, don't app until you are doing or near done repairing.. and don't give up! :smileyhappy:

 

Credit repair is a very REAL process, but you should detach yourself and just tackle it like a game, and once you get your high score, you are the winner :smileyhappy:

 

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 09/14: TU: 784 | EQ: 752 | EX: 784
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession


Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $13900, Citi/Home Depot $8500, Capital One Cash Rewards $3500, BOA $7500 Total Utilization: 3%. AAoA: 2yr, 9mth. INQS: 1 TU, 1 EQ, 3 EX
New Contributor
RecoveringShopaholic
Posts: 61
Registered: ‎12-18-2011
Re: App itch, sad denials, and a ghostly wage garnishment--BAD WEEK

Thanks Scott!  Wow when you're thinking that you have it bad...I'm going to take your optimism and hopefully make it my own.  I as well am in the home buying process (albeit very early)  I worried that I didnt have enough open tradelines but im done apping.  My ego cant take the disappointment.  Good luck!


Starting Score: 479 (TU) 481 (EQ) 508 (EX FAKO) November 2011
Current Score: 687 (TU 3/26/2012 Lender pull) 658 (EQ 3/15/12 Score Watch) 640 (EX FAKO)
Goal Score: 740+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
rckstrscott
Posts: 2,660
Registered: ‎04-25-2011
Re: App itch, sad denials, and a ghostly wage garnishment--BAD WEEK

RecoveringShopaholic wrote:

Thanks Scott!  Wow when you're thinking that you have it bad...I'm going to take your optimism and hopefully make it my own.  I as well am in the home buying process (albeit very early)  I worried that I didnt have enough open tradelines but im done apping.  My ego cant take the disappointment.  Good luck!


Yeah-- Ego plays a big part in this whole process.. just gotta try to keep it tempered.

 

I remember when I got this nice big boy job I have now 4 years. I was SO upset when people wouldn't let my buy a car, a home, give me credit.. I had destroyed my credit for years and I remember thinking, well, ya know, I have money now, why shouldn't I be welcomed with open arms?!!??! I had the money to afford a 200k house, a 20k car. Why wouldn't they give it to me?

 

Then I found out all my fico scores were under 500.... OOPS.

 

I spent about 18 months doing this now, and I am STILL doing it. Although I am much closer to where I want to be, I still have some baddies, I still have some tendancies to want to go after something I probabaly shouldn't, and I have to obsess over my bills almost daily to keep me on top of them..

 

This isn't easy. It hasn't been easy.. I will say though, in a narriscistic way, it has been fun. I have loved this challenge from day one...

 

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 09/14: TU: 784 | EQ: 752 | EX: 784
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession


Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $13900, Citi/Home Depot $8500, Capital One Cash Rewards $3500, BOA $7500 Total Utilization: 3%. AAoA: 2yr, 9mth. INQS: 1 TU, 1 EQ, 3 EX
New Contributor
RecoveringShopaholic
Posts: 61
Registered: ‎12-18-2011
Re: App itch, sad denials, and a ghostly wage garnishment--BAD WEEK

I swear you're in my biography. Same here, big girl job, low 6 figures and couldnt get a 15k car!  lmbo....Time to put on my big girl panties and put in some more work.  Not giving up! I know i can be over 700 in couple months.  This aint a race most definitely its a marathon.  I hover over bills as well its almost a sick obsession.  I hope its a life change though. Dont ever want this feeling again. 


Starting Score: 479 (TU) 481 (EQ) 508 (EX FAKO) November 2011
Current Score: 687 (TU 3/26/2012 Lender pull) 658 (EQ 3/15/12 Score Watch) 640 (EX FAKO)
Goal Score: 740+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
rckstrscott
Posts: 2,660
Registered: ‎04-25-2011
Re: App itch, sad denials, and a ghostly wage garnishment--BAD WEEK

RecoveringShopaholic wrote:

I swear you're in my biography. Same here, big girl job, low 6 figures and couldnt get a 15k car!  lmbo....Time to put on my big girl panties and put in some more work.  Not giving up! I know i can be over 700 in couple months.  This aint a race most definitely its a marathon.  I hover over bills as well its almost a sick obsession.  I hope its a life change though. Dont ever want this feeling again. 


I agree.. I hope it is a life change too.. At least I know now how the whole game works, how the lenders use the FICO, my finances..

 

I feel like the time I have spent on this forum has actually put me ahead of most consumers now as what to do and what not to do to make my dreams a reality..

 

:smileyhappy:

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 09/14: TU: 784 | EQ: 752 | EX: 784
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession


Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $13900, Citi/Home Depot $8500, Capital One Cash Rewards $3500, BOA $7500 Total Utilization: 3%. AAoA: 2yr, 9mth. INQS: 1 TU, 1 EQ, 3 EX
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed
Posts: 2,960
Registered: ‎02-09-2012
Re: App itch, sad denials, and a ghostly wage garnishment--BAD WEEK

RecoveringShopaholic wrote:

I swear you're in my biography. Same here, big girl job, low 6 figures and couldnt get a 15k car!  lmbo....Time to put on my big girl panties and put in some more work.  Not giving up! I know i can be over 700 in couple months.  This aint a race most definitely its a marathon.  I hover over bills as well its almost a sick obsession.  I hope its a life change though. Dont ever want this feeling again. 


Somebody started where you are in Jan and today or yesterday posted their FICO score had hit 700.  2 months turn-around, so apparently it's entirely possible.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Mega Contributor
RobertEG
Posts: 18,431
Registered: ‎03-19-2007
Re: App itch, sad denials, and a ghostly wage garnishment--BAD WEEK

Were you ever advised of the court date that led to the order for garnishment?  That should not have hit you from out of the blue vapor.....

I would check out the court records related to that proceeding.

New Contributor
RecoveringShopaholic
Posts: 61
Registered: ‎12-18-2011
Re: App itch, sad denials, and a ghostly wage garnishment--BAD WEEK

The original court date I appearred at it was rescheduled for 60 days because I was in a chapter 13, and a portion they were suing for was included, another portion was about to hit the 7 years and the final portion was legit. Although I had been paying the hospital, apparently I had over 9 separate accounts, I thought I was paid up from the portions not IIB (I had a baby who was sickly).  Well, this savy lawyer, rolled it all into one case, I had it continued to dispute portions, there was a separate date scheduled.  But I forgot due to the fact that I am a single mom, work full time, and am a full time student. At that meeting the attorney got a judgment for everything not included which was 800 bucks plus 9% interest.  total 1000k.  So it wasnt totally out the blue.  He sat on the judgment until my bk was discharged (so I couldnt roll it in) and then filed the garnishment with my employer.  I didnt realized they executed a garnishment otherwise i would have just paid the hospital directly. (tip--doing this in a med collection, gets rid of all the interest and fees because the hospital will not go back and validate the debt for the attny).  Its a mess of my own doing.  I dropped the ball.  but at this point why fight it.  It will be paid off by the time I get a real court date to stop it, and why pay an attorney 500 to stop it, when Ive already been garnished for 1/2.  oh well.... live and learn.  This was the only bill left outstanding...that I know about.  I hope.

 

Thank you all for the support...This is so therapeutic.  Sometimes just too embarrased to tell family or friends the real deal.  Something to be said about anonymity. 


Starting Score: 479 (TU) 481 (EQ) 508 (EX FAKO) November 2011
Current Score: 687 (TU 3/26/2012 Lender pull) 658 (EQ 3/15/12 Score Watch) 640 (EX FAKO)
Goal Score: 740+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge