New Contributor
RecoveringShopaholic
App itch, sad denials, and a ghostly wage garnishment--BAD WEEK

so with my new credit worthy scores, I thought I'd take the gamble and see if I could get some higher limits out there besided Orchard and Credit One.  Umm...nope!  I tried Walmart and Mazuma CU.  Walmart said you will get a response in 7-10days, called the back door number and got an Im sorry but no from a very nice Indian Peggy.  Mazuma said review necessary.  I thought Yeah!  since I have the bk, they wanted to do an extra review even though they had my good scores. They stated give us 300 and we will give you a secured card, no go on unsecured.  oh well.  lesson learned.  back to letting time pass and I will try again in 6 months. 

OHHH and out the blue, I got garnished!  ha!  Old med bills that werent included in my BK.  they tried to sue me once, but because my bk, they suspended the court date, well I forgot about the date to go back, the guy won the judgment and it took them 6 months to execute the garnishment.  I believe they watched until my bk was discharged.  I got hit 422 bucks out of my ck. I would fight it however, the total judgment was 1000, 2 more hits and Its paid, it will cost me more to fight it.  So Im taking this whipping. 

Its been a rough week.  the road back to life is a bumpy one to say the least. 

good luck all!

Starting Score: 479 (TU) 481 (EQ) 508 (EX FAKO) November 2011
Current Score: 687 (TU 3/26/2012 Lender pull) 658 (EQ 3/15/12 Score Watch) 640 (EX FAKO)
Goal Score: 740+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
rckstrscott
Re: App itch, sad denials, and a ghostly wage garnishment--BAD WEEK

RecoveringShopaholic wrote:

so with my new credit worthy scores, I thought I'd take the gamble and see if I could get some higher limits out there besided Orchard and Credit One.  Umm...nope!  I tried Walmart and Mazuma CU.  Walmart said you will get a response in 7-10days, called the back door number and got an Im sorry but no from a very nice Indian Peggy.  Mazuma said review necessary.  I thought Yeah!  since I have the bk, they wanted to do an extra review even though they had my good scores. They stated give us 300 and we will give you a secured card, no go on unsecured.  oh well.  lesson learned.  back to letting time pass and I will try again in 6 months. 

OHHH and out the blue, I got garnished!  ha!  Old med bills that werent included in my BK.  they tried to sue me once, but because my bk, they suspended the court date, well I forgot about the date to go back, the guy won the judgment and it took them 6 months to execute the garnishment.  I believe they watched until my bk was discharged.  I got hit 422 bucks out of my ck. I would fight it however, the total judgment was 1000, 2 more hits and Its paid, it will cost me more to fight it.  So Im taking this whipping. 

Its been a rough week.  the road back to life is a bumpy one to say the least. 

good luck all!

Bad weeks will happen.. I am going through the home buying process, and in the past 21 days I had a new collection come up from LVNV, which I had to fight to get deleted, the IRS refused to abate any of my tax penelties and interest so I had to send out 7k to them, and then the state of illinois tax lien I had on my credit, which was listed at $1374, was actually over 3k... lol just gotta take each hurdle as they come, overcome them, and move on to the next until there are no more hurdles.

I am fairly sure there is nothing possible that I could owe now... but I wouldn't be suprised if another one hit before I actually close, because that is just how this has been going :smileywink:

My only real advice would be, don't app until you are doing or near done repairing.. and don't give up! :smileyhappy:

Credit repair is a very REAL process, but you should detach yourself and just tackle it like a game, and once you get your high score, you are the winner :smileyhappy:

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 09/14: TU: 784 | EQ: 752 | EX: 784
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession

Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $13900, Citi/Home Depot $8500, Capital One Cash Rewards $3500, BOA $7500 Total Utilization: 3%. AAoA: 2yr, 9mth. INQS: 1 TU, 1 EQ, 3 EX
New Contributor
RecoveringShopaholic

Thanks Scott!  Wow when you're thinking that you have it bad...I'm going to take your optimism and hopefully make it my own.  I as well am in the home buying process (albeit very early)  I worried that I didnt have enough open tradelines but im done apping.  My ego cant take the disappointment.  Good luck!

Current Score: 687 (TU 3/26/2012 Lender pull) 658 (EQ 3/15/12 Score Watch) 640 (EX FAKO)

Valued Contributor
rckstrscott

Thanks Scott!  Wow when you're thinking that you have it bad...I'm going to take your optimism and hopefully make it my own.  I as well am in the home buying process (albeit very early)  I worried that I didnt have enough open tradelines but im done apping.  My ego cant take the disappointment.  Good luck!

Yeah-- Ego plays a big part in this whole process.. just gotta try to keep it tempered.

I remember when I got this nice big boy job I have now 4 years. I was SO upset when people wouldn't let my buy a car, a home, give me credit.. I had destroyed my credit for years and I remember thinking, well, ya know, I have money now, why shouldn't I be welcomed with open arms?!!??! I had the money to afford a 200k house, a 20k car. Why wouldn't they give it to me?

Then I found out all my fico scores were under 500.... OOPS.

I spent about 18 months doing this now, and I am STILL doing it. Although I am much closer to where I want to be, I still have some baddies, I still have some tendancies to want to go after something I probabaly shouldn't, and I have to obsess over my bills almost daily to keep me on top of them..

This isn't easy. It hasn't been easy.. I will say though, in a narriscistic way, it has been fun. I have loved this challenge from day one...

-scott

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 09/14: TU: 784 | EQ: 752 | EX: 784
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession

Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $13900, Citi/Home Depot $8500, Capital One Cash Rewards $3500, BOA $7500 Total Utilization: 3%. AAoA: 2yr, 9mth. INQS: 1 TU, 1 EQ, 3 EX
New Contributor
RecoveringShopaholic

I swear you're in my biography. Same here, big girl job, low 6 figures and couldnt get a 15k car!  lmbo....Time to put on my big girl panties and put in some more work.  Not giving up! I know i can be over 700 in couple months.  This aint a race most definitely its a marathon.  I hover over bills as well its almost a sick obsession.  I hope its a life change though. Dont ever want this feeling again. 

Valued Contributor
rckstrscott

I swear you're in my biography. Same here, big girl job, low 6 figures and couldnt get a 15k car!  lmbo....Time to put on my big girl panties and put in some more work.  Not giving up! I know i can be over 700 in couple months.  This aint a race most definitely its a marathon.  I hover over bills as well its almost a sick obsession.  I hope its a life change though. Dont ever want this feeling again. 

I agree.. I hope it is a life change too.. At least I know now how the whole game works, how the lenders use the FICO, my finances..

I feel like the time I have spent on this forum has actually put me ahead of most consumers now as what to do and what not to do to make my dreams a reality..

:smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

Somebody started where you are in Jan and today or yesterday posted their FICO score had hit 700.  2 months turn-around, so apparently it's entirely possible.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Were you ever advised of the court date that led to the order for garnishment?  That should not have hit you from out of the blue vapor.....

I would check out the court records related to that proceeding.

New Contributor
RecoveringShopaholic

The original court date I appearred at it was rescheduled for 60 days because I was in a chapter 13, and a portion they were suing for was included, another portion was about to hit the 7 years and the final portion was legit. Although I had been paying the hospital, apparently I had over 9 separate accounts, I thought I was paid up from the portions not IIB (I had a baby who was sickly).  Well, this savy lawyer, rolled it all into one case, I had it continued to dispute portions, there was a separate date scheduled.  But I forgot due to the fact that I am a single mom, work full time, and am a full time student. At that meeting the attorney got a judgment for everything not included which was 800 bucks plus 9% interest.  total 1000k.  So it wasnt totally out the blue.  He sat on the judgment until my bk was discharged (so I couldnt roll it in) and then filed the garnishment with my employer.  I didnt realized they executed a garnishment otherwise i would have just paid the hospital directly. (tip--doing this in a med collection, gets rid of all the interest and fees because the hospital will not go back and validate the debt for the attny).  Its a mess of my own doing.  I dropped the ball.  but at this point why fight it.  It will be paid off by the time I get a real court date to stop it, and why pay an attorney 500 to stop it, when Ive already been garnished for 1/2.  oh well.... live and learn.  This was the only bill left outstanding...that I know about.  I hope.

Thank you all for the support...This is so therapeutic.  Sometimes just too embarrased to tell family or friends the real deal.  Something to be said about anonymity.