Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
Re: Company never contacted me but hurting my credit!

If you already paid this debt, I would contact GE, send them a copy of the cancelled check, and indicate that if they continue to try to collect on a debt that is no longer owed, you will sue them!  I would put all of this in a letter and send it certified mail return receipt.


I would also send a dispute to the credit reporting agencies... 

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge