YOUR ADDRESS 1
YOUR ADDRESS 2

Month Day , 20XX

COMPANY NAME
DEPARTMENT NAME
ADDRESS
CITY, STATE ZIP

Dear Ms. NAME:

I had an (type of debt) that was referred to your Collection Agency on (date). I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I have paid the amount in full on the above referenced account on (date). Since that time I have been an exceptional customer paying every bill on time.

Because this referral to your company is not a true indicator of my responsible use of credit, and does not reflect my current situation, I would like you to consider removing the account from my credit report. At the time of the collection, I was in the process of (reason this was referred). I say that not to justify why the bill wasn't paid with the original creditor, but rather to show that the collection is not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that company name is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.

Sincerely,

your name

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge