Contributor
Isaiah2990
Should I just PIF and call it a day on my negative accounts ?

Hello everyone, I have 2 questions..This entire PIF, DV, PFD this seems a tad bit confusing and time consuming to me..I wanted to know if I PIF all 3 of my negative accounts will my score raise at all if I keep making my car payments on time since that's the only line of credit I have ?

My 2nd question is..I had a military star card (credit card) that charged off and this past Jan. when I was expecting my tax refund I was told that I had a tax offset and my refund was sent to the OC..on my CR it was stated I owed $975, my total amount that was offset was $963..The CA says I still owe about $450 (they have not reported to the bureaus, nor are they on my credit report.) Should I try to get a settle or PIF for this also ?

Starting Score: FAKO EQ 497 EX 516 TU 517 (4.28.12)
Current Score: FICO EQ 587 (9.29.13) TU (GECRB) 596 (2.19.13) EX (USAA) 482 (3.12.13)
Goal Score: 700 all across the board!
Valued Contributor
JM-AM
Re: Should I just PIF and call it a day on my negative accounts ?

Isaiah2990 wrote:

Hello everyone, I have 2 questions..This entire PIF, DV, PFD this seems a tad bit confusing and time consuming to me..I wanted to know if I PIF all 3 of my negative accounts will my score raise at all if I keep making my car payments on time since that's the only line of credit I have ?

My 2nd question is..I had a military star card (credit card) that charged off and this past Jan. when I was expecting my tax refund I was told that I had a tax offset and my refund was sent to the OC..on my CR it was stated I owed $975, my total amount that was offset was $963..The CA says I still owe about $450 (they have not reported to the bureaus, nor are they on my credit report.) Should I try to get a settle or PIF for this also ?

If you have the money to pay them off I would opt to try and PIF for deletion from credit bureau's. If they are not reporting to the credit bureau's then I would PIF and be done with them. Keep in mind by time you make a decision to PIF there may be additional fees added, so call and make sure what you are paying will satisfy what is owed on the account all fees included. Make sure you receive something from them in writing (and or email) on the total balance before you pay, so you have for your records.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!