Epic Contributor
Posts: 22,013
Registered: ‎03-19-2007
Re: Can I do a DV on a CA that I've paid $50 toward? PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Yes, armed with info that the OC considers the reporting to be inaccurate, you can send a direct dispute to the debt collector, compellling them to conduct a reasonable investigation, and report their findings to you.  In my opinion, based on your facts, any reasonable investigation on their part would require contact with the OC before verifying the accuracy of the collection.  If the OC tells them what they have told you, I dont see how they could verify the accuracy.


Inability to verify compels them to send timely deletion of the unverifiable information to each CRA to which they reported.

I strongly recommend a direct dispute, and not a dispute via the CRAs,