Mega Contributor
Posts: 18,462
Registered: ‎03-19-2007
Re: Vacated judgment updated to satisfied

If they verify the accuracy of the reporting, then I would send the CRA a request for their description of the procedure they used to verify the accuracy.

This is commonly referred to as a method of verification (MOV) request, and is provided under FCRA 611(a)(6)(B)(iii) and 611(a)(7).


CRAs will commonly, under their reinvestigation rights, simply get a copy of current public record documents from the court, and use that as a basis for their determination.

If the judgment has been vacated from court records, it is kinda unlikely that the CRA obtained any such record to support their verification.