Posts: 230
Registered: ‎10-01-2012
Can I file my own Motion to Vacate a judgment?

The lawyer charges $350, but I won't have to show up or do anything.  I'm pretty savvy with such things - I did my own disability and got it through quick and easy without any help.  I'm usually doing my own paperwork for everything, so I wonder if I shoudl tackle this myself and save the money?  It's a judgment that was slipped through during my BK in 2006 so it should have never been allowed to go through.  It was then discharged, so now its just a matter of asking, apparently.


Or is this something where I'd have better luck paying the lawyer?  Seems like an open/shut case, IMO.