Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,100
Registered: ‎03-19-2007
Re: What to do with these satisfied letters? And which CC?
[ Edited ]

For the collections that had the debt discharged in BK, any party having existing reporting on that debt is required to update the debt/collection balance to $0.

Discharge of the debt, either by payment or BK, does not compel deletion of any reported derogs on the account that occured prior to discharge.


If the collections arent now reporting $0 balance and closed status, they have the statutory obligation to promptly update their reporting.  Being as the collection is closed, they have little incentive to follow through, so you might need to push.

If informal requests dont result in their voluntary update, you can always file a direct dispute, compelling them to take action within 30'ish days.