Contributor
jmco
Re: How To Remove Midland Credit Management (easy!)

I am in New Jersey and Midland bought several of my collection accounts and used a firm here in NJ to collect them all.  I have paid the firm on most but it seems like

Midland keeps buying my old debt because I just got a letter in the mail this week about 2 more (I only have about 5 more accounts left unpaid, everything else has been PIF or settled in the last 3 years).  Dealing with the law firm is easy and since they are familiar with my name they know I will eventually pay the debt.  Right now I am

on a payment plan of $50 and $75 a month until I get my tax return in March and then I will just settle with the law firm.  The debt is 1200 & 2300.  I joked with the law firm saying they are making lots of money from me....my contact just laughed.  At the end of the day the debt is mine, I won't fight it but I also can't pay it out right so the payment

plan works. I never wanted to deal with a law firm putting a judgement out there or taking my pay check.  Now I just wish Midland would delete all the paid accounts!!

UGH!!!

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge