What Steps To Take?
12-09-2012 09:53 PM
I'm new to this wonderful forum but there is a lot of information to digest and I'm ready to take a baby step. Here is my current financial situation:
- large balance on a student loan but it is current
- one active CC with a balance of $229/$300
- late payments on my auto loan
- one CC (delinquent for a year) with a balance of $463
- a CU loan with a balance of $95/$2000 (SOL 01/2013)
- an apt collection that has been validated but I don't agree with the amount owed $1901(SOL in 03/2013)
- another apt collection $525 (same apt as above) that is listed as a joint account with a 13 yr old minor who did not sign the lease. (SOL in 03/2013)
I received a college degree in 2009. I'm thankful for my part time job and one child but my funds are limited and very precious to me. Currently, I trying to pay active CC down, remain current on auto loan and validate $525 apt collection joint with minor. I only have about $100 extra a month to start this process.
From what I understand my util is killing my scores (its at 93%). How should I lower that (I only have one active CC)? Will a delinquent CC accept $100 payment plan for 4 months? How do I get them to accept this offer? GW letter? Paying the delinquent CC will make it current and lower my scores but my util will decrease. Please advise. Although I have 3 accts whose SOL is in the near future, they will remain on my CR. What affects will they having if I choose not to pay? PFD is not an option because the money is not there.
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just don't know which tunnel to take to safely get there. Please help.