PNB
Received letter from EOS-CCA. Too late for me?

I should have been more adamant about this issue. Early 2012, I knew EOS was going to contact me, and I intended to fix the issue, but I never got around to it. Unlike some of you, I actually did owe ATT a payment for their internet service. I moved to a different place and never got the letter. It was the whole out of sight, out of mind thing. When my schedule slowed down a bit, I received a collection letter from them on December 20, 2012. Is it too late for me to write to them and say that I do not claim ownership to the debt, but will PFD? Or do I just have to send payment and deal with this negative on my credit report for the next few years?

Well, I just turned to the back of the letter and Federal Law says:

Unless you dispute the validity of this debt, or any portion thereof, within thirty days after receipt of this notice, we shall assume the debt to be valid. If you notify us in writing of your dispute within this thirty-day period, we will obtain verification of the debt, or a copy of a judgment against you, and a copy of such verification or judgment will be mailed to you. Upon your written request within the thirty-day periods, we will provide you with the name and address of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor.

It says I can dispute it, but they can dig up the record and use it. Does anyone have any advice or should I just bite the bullet?