Frequent Contributor
rightcoast
Asset Acceptance won't accept payment!
[ Edited ]

Hello All

I am trying to get pre approved for a mortgage and have one blemish left on my reports which is a BOA Credit Card chargeoff that was sold to Asset Acceptance. I contacted Asset Acceptance through the BBB and AG of Michigan for Debt Validation. The debt came back verified so I accepted that it was mine and called Asset Acceptance to make a settlement payment. Per their customer service, they can no longer accept payment or even speak about my debt due to being past SOL! I just pulled my credit reports and they are still reporting an unpaid collection under a "factoring company account." I am so frustrated since I am here to pay a debt and now your telling me I can't! Wake me up because this has to be a NIGHTMARE. They claim the debt is past SOL and they have to close the ACCT. This is so bad.

Are they going to report as a closed unpaid with 0 balance or what?? The original Creditor already reports as CHARGEOFF SOLD TO ANOTHER LENDOR!

Wow i didnt even get a chance!

Any advice be would greatly appreciated

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL