Sheltoy
Re: Chase GW

HeHello I too have been following this forum and thought I would let you know that I after reading about the success stories, I thought I would give it a try. I had a CO on a card back in 2006.  It was a chard that I had cut up and had maintained a zero balance on. Unknown to me, my husband charged something for 100 dollars in April 2006 and forgot about it. It was the beginning of the e bill evolution and some how we never got the statements. Because I thought we weren't using it, I never worried about checking the balance.  The balance went unpaid for 5 months and then got charged off.  during a routine credit check in Oct 2006, i found out about the charge off, called chase immediately and paid it off.  i had to other cards with them and a mortgage that had perfect history but repeated request over the phone did nothing to remove it from my credit.  it has been sitting on our report since then.  I started reading this forum in late December and realized maybe there was a better way.  I first disputed the charge with all 3 bureaus. Trans Union dropped the CO in 1 week. Experian dropped it in 4 weeks. Equifax wouldn't drop it.  So then I sent a goodwill request through Chase's customer service online request center.  I heard back in one day And the answer was 'No because it was a valid charge'.  The next day I sent the goodwill letter to Eileen Serra and with in one day I got the call frthe someone in the executive office saying that she would be reviewing my request. I spent sometime explaining to her what happened and about my record outside of this ine issue.  She said she appreciated the explanation and my honesty and said she would get bak to me on Monday. That Monday she called and let me know that unfortunately she would not be able to help me.  She said if it is a valid charge it was Chase's policy to not remove it. She appreciated my honesty and sympathized with my situation but there was nothing she could do. I thanked her for her time and consideration and told her I understood.  I called her right back and apologized for doing so but had one last question. I asked her if we could approach it differently. Could I dispute it with Experian and they just not answer the dispute request by doing so chase would remove it.  She said there was no way to make that happen.  I thanked her again for her time and hung up.  Honestly I gave up and decided to wurst wait the nextyear for it to legally drop from my credit.  To my surprise, it dropped off my credit last week Feb 7, 2013. That was 9 days after she declined my request.  Woohoo...my credit went from 721 to 799 on my fico for equifax.  We are purchasing a new home and the lender called and said that eq fico was 799, exp fico was 807 and trans was 786. report.   I started at 681 in November. Paid off my balances and cleared this one blemish.  Bottom line, don't give up!