Epic Contributor
Posts: 22,397
Registered: ‎01-17-2008
Re: Reporting 120 days late?

I would send them a direct dispute per FCRA 623(a)(8).  They have to investigate, make changes and/or corrections and reply to you within 30 days.  If they don't they are in violation of the FCRA.  Fill in the areas in blue.  If it is not going to a collection account you can delete the second paragraph.


“This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have reported to my credit file.

              “This is a direct dispute of credit reporting. This is not a request for debt validation/verification  under FDCPA §809(b).”.
“In compliance with FCRA §623(a)(8)(D), and enacting regulations published at  16 CFR § 660.4, this Notice of Direct dispute includes:

 “Identification of the specific information being disputed:

           (specify the account number, and the specific information that is disputed under that identifying account)

Basis for the dispute:

            (how the reporting was inaccurate;    was any reporting in violation of any statutory or regulatory provisions?  account or express agreements?  CRA reporting gudelines? Account not yours? etc.)

Supporting documentation:

            (all documents that support your dispute; it is recommened to also include, as part of your documentation, at least a copy of the portion only of your recent credit report showing their reporting of the disputed information was actually reported to your credit flle.  The implementing rule suggests a showing  that it appeared in your credit report)