Applying for CCs in this economy?
10-09-2008 04:17 AM
OK so here I am, my scores are finally decent enough (I hope) to apply for a CC...my goal is to get my scores above 700 (a year and a half ago they were in the high 500's/low 600's). Now Tu 675, Ex 695 and Eq 745. I have a car loan now for three months, paid on time SCRUPULOUSLY....I am working on getting two old (2002) and paid medical collections deleted using the Hippa process. Now I think I need to apply for a CC or a store card to help my score. What do you think? Which is easier to get and which will help my score more? I hate to apply for something now and get a hard pull on my report and not be approved! Do you think I should wait a couple of months until everything in the banks and wall street settles down? Just go for a store card? Any advice is much appreciated!!