Regular Contributor
Erica1
Possible ID Theft!!!

I don't know where else to post this but if it's true, I'm sure I'll have to fight to get it taken care of and some rebuilding to do so I guess this would be the right board.  I just checked my Scorewatch and a CA has appeared with the OC listed as USBank.  I haven't had a USBank account, or even lived in a state where we have them, for 5 years.  When I closed the account, I did it because I was switching banks, didn't owe money to them or anything.  So why would this CA magically appear???  I racked my brain and this is all I can come up with...

Well, as I was thinking back to when I closed the account, I recalled I was living with a roommate at the time.  This roommate let someone stay with us for a few weeks who was definitely not of respectable character, which led to my moving out.  My rent money (I worked as a bartender so kept my rent in my drawer in my room in cash) came up missing.  So now this leads me to wonder if this person possibly took a blank checkbook from the closed account as well!  How else could I owe them money??? 
I hope I'm jumping to conclusions and it's something that's not even mine and shouldn't be listed.  I'm sure after 5 or 6 years the bank wouldn't have a signature card on file anymore so I'm worried there won't be anyway to prove I didn't write bad checks, if that's what it is. 

But wouldn't a bank have sued me for bad checks when it happened if that was what it was, not send it to a collection agency 5 years later? 
I tried to get a credit report online from equifax (it's not listed on experian, which I did get), but apparently there's a fraud alert, or some other reason I can't request it online, on my account so I'm going to have to do it by mail and worry even longer.  Ugh!

2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's