Moderator Emeritus
Re: Has anyone ever known Midland accepting a PFD?

molly73 wrote:

i have disputed these several times & they keep on coming back as verified from the CRA...i have sent letters to Cap 1 & Midland before, but they have only responded back once.....and Midland just comes back with a settlement offer....cap.1 sent me a letter saying that it was verified.  The CRAs are the ones telling me they are verified.

EQ report i received in the mail from them says (letter is from this month):

midland - DOLA 7/2003.  Does not have anything else.  Does not show a removal date.

capital 1 - DOLA 10/2003.  Last payment date:  08/2004.  Does not show a removal date.

EQ doesn't show a removal date, only a DOFD.

TU report i received in the mail from them says (letter is from 09/08:

midland -  No Dates, except that it shows it was placed for collection in 2005.  Est date for removal - 6/2010

capital 1 -  Date opened - 8/02.  Closed - 4/04.  Est date for removal - 8/2010

should i hold off and wait a year....then these things will have dropped off.

Are you going to apply for anything in the next year? Like a house? Even if not, I would not let Midland ride out. Cap One, maybe.  

i never sent the DVs CMRRR before....should i do that now to them? That means certified, they sign for it & i get the green card right?

Yes.

i have read that i need to do that...but then it seems that you give them 30 days, they don't get back to you, then you have to send it again to them just to be safe....seems like they get more then 30 days to respond over all.

Yes and no. Because you are in Texas, you have more protection from the laws. You can't DV an OC, but you can DV a CA. Read Chapter 392 of the Texas State Finance Code.

should my next step be to DV these companies directly with CMRRR & wait 30 days?

it looks like I am beyond SOL right?

Depends if CA tolls SOL or not. See the state resources link below for California statutes.

thanks again for all the help!

Do you just not agree with the amount Midland is reporting/trying to collect or not believe it is your account?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources