New Contributor
Posts: 143
Registered: ‎03-09-2009
Re: Collection pops back up from ID theft

You need to get a police report and if someone is using your name, then it will help clear you of any debts as it occured when you were a minor. Here's a link to the FTC affidavit of forgery, fill it out and get it notarized. This has helped me get fraudulent items cleared up off my credit report. I have faxed all my police reports and affidavit of forgery to any collection agencies, creditors, and the top 3 Credit Bureau. You also may need to contact the hospital as your parents are responsible for any of your bills as a minor. Good Luck!