Established Contributor
gettnthere
Re: Child Support Woes updated
[ Edited ]

Hi, gettnthere.  I'm so glad that you shared your story with me and it makes me want to cry, even though I know that isn't what you were getting at.  It's simply a sad story.    I'm trying not to but I can't help but try to give you some words of encouragement.  You are still very young and I'm nearly twice your age, so I might know a thing or two about how parents can screw up their children.  I think to one degree or another, we all have our "father" issues, but yours are definitely some of the worse I have heard.  Being ignored like that had to have just killed you.  I am sorry for what you went through and I just hope that you can learn to forgive your dad in your own heart so that you don't carry that hate and anger around.  (*I know, I'm one to talk about forgiveness, right?)....but I sincerely hope that for you.  I'm so glad that you have your mom and that she stood up to that jerk for you.  I know for a fact that "you" didn't do anything to your dad to make him treat you like he did.  It was his own "stuff." 

Thanks again for your support and encouragement and words.  You hang in there, and good luck with your credit goals!  You'll be buyin the 4-wheeler of your wildest dreams at a really great rate here real soon!  :smileyhappy:

I totALLY agree that alot of us do have "father issues". as bad as mine were, im sure there are others out there that have/had alot worse. i do not let it define who i am or how i act, even with all the resentment i hold for him. i dont know, and probably never will, why my father treated me like he did. i do know that when the day comes my child/children will have a Fantastic father who will take part in every aspect of their lives. i think you and i both hold the power somewhere inside ourselves to forgive that one who has done us so wrong(alot easier said than done) and maybe one day we both will be able to do so. i do not see that coming in the near future but maybe one day. Thank YOU for your words of advice & encouragement, they go along way. Getting that 4wheeler WITH the low APR would be Awesome huh. lol  I really do wish you the best and hopefully and this NONSENSE will be over very soon 

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink: