New Contributor
creditdreamera
Re: How young are you?

I'm 24, owner of three small pets, sister to four older brothers, daughter to parents who have been together for 32 years.

My attempt at establishing myself as a credited consumer started when I was about 19; I didn't quite know about scores and how essential they were to CCC determining whether they want to take a chance on you or not, so I was just applying for Chase, Citi, and naturally, denied. Then somehow getting a loan from the community college I was attending, got thrown in the mix. I went to the workshop and found out having a loan would help establish credit! So, I took out a student loan, and another, and another!! It resulted in $10,000 in student loan debt which I would love to pay off before I'm 40. In 2010, I got an offer from Capital One and needless to say I was over the moon.. OF COURSE I'm going to jump on this opportunity of having my very first credit card! I started with one, and now I'm up to several. Between September 2010 to September 2011, all three of my scores went from the low 500s to the mid 600s. Now in late 2012 with all of the inquiries from the APP SPREE of 2011, my scores have gone up & down between 10-20 points. 2013 will be the year that all of the 2011 inquiries will begin to clear out, so I hope to see my scores rise up!

EX -682
EQ -658
TU -663