Valued Contributor
Guardian
Re: Community feedback about Experian's decision to discontinue offering FICO scores on myFICO

Pappy214 wrote:

Guardian wrote:

It is your RIGHT to "manipulate" the system if you will, that is why we need to understand things to make things better, our motto as the greatest country in the world right? or are we now saying that we should be more like communist countries where information is blocked and censored to keep their people living in ignorance and dominate them easier, cause that's exactly where this is going.

This is where experian is going! As long as we can still get our TU and EQ I say "FUDGE OFF experian!"  In fact it is my lowest score by far since they continue to report a collection as a "factoring company" installment account. I am just going to freeze that one, and force lenders to pick EQ and TU, my two good scores.

I agree with you in principle but not in practice. As long as there are businesses out there that decide things affect us that rely on Experian, it will affect us and nothing we can do about it. We only have power to a certain point, not enough to turn the tide. Keep in mind that depending on where you live EQ and TU are useless to you because the businesses will pull nearly exclusively from Experian. I find it discusting practice but it happens. You can freeze out vendors and force them to choose but ultimately its up to them who they go with and you can take it or leave it and imagine how that will effect you in the most practical of the sense.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800