Regular Contributor
audia4
Re: Does having a student loan help or hurt your credit?

laz98 wrote:

When you hit Reply, at the top on the right you will see a button next to Spell Check that says Quote.  Just click on that.

Thanks for the info. That's weird. In any other forums I've been in you hit the quote before replying so they know which one you are quoting. I've got it now I believe.

No problem, it takes a while to get used to everything around here!  It might hurt you temporarily, but once you get it down again, your scores will go back up.  I can't tell you by how much, of course.

I'll make sure I'm not charging it up to almost the limit from now on. I don't have a need to charge anything. I was just doing it to try to rebuild my credit again. I guess my logic of thinking was to show them I can charge high amounts and pay them off in full each month with no problems. I guess it don't work that way.

Yes, I read about the free Transunion score on there and decided to apply. I got the "you will receive something in 7-10 days" reply. So, I did some research on here and found a number to call. I do know that there is a freeze on my transunion account that I placed on there 2 years ago and other companies are not able to pull my report because of it. I read on here others that had to call to verify who they were because of it. So I called. They told me instantly that I was denied and he had no reason why but I would get something in the mail in 7-10 days. Now I'm upset that I even tried since I now have a hit on my credit after this. :smileysad:

I'm a little confused here.  So you applied for a credit card somewhere, & got denied?

Yes, after reading several post on here about getting the cc for Walmart and after seeing some of the lower scores people had when they were approved (and the added fact that you get a free Transunion score monthly with it). So I applied and immediately got the "wait 7-10 days" notification. Then I called the number and the guy on the phone said I was denied and would be getting my letter in the mail in 7-10 days to let me know why. I was a little shocked needless to say since others have gotten instant approval with a lot less of a score. :smileysad:

I guess it's a waiting game now.

TU: 804 EQ: 810 EX 785

**** $7300*** *** $000 **** ***$10,000*** ****$9000*********$9500********$10,000********$4500*******$6000*******$8000****