New Visitor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎12-07-2012
Defaulted Student loan settlements

I am looking to make a settlement offer on a student loan that has been in default status for many years.  I am unsure wether to try to make an offer to the Department of Education first or go striaght to the collection agency which is servicng the debt.  I am also fearful that if I go to the PCA with an offer that they may use the info. in the offer as a weapon against me to further thier collection attempts.  has anyone any expierence with settlement offers that they can share with me to help guide me abit?.