Established Member
dontbewillful
ACS question - What should I do?

I had two periods each of several months' time of lates on my ACS-serviced student loans...one period from September 2007 to March 2008, and one from July 2008 to November 2008.  I've been current since then.  They never went to deliquency.

I figured that these were untouchable because of their recency, their open status, and because they're student loans but figured I had nothing to lose.  I GWed them and got a response not 36 hours later to remove the lates from the last 12 months, ie, back to May 2008.  This would totally take care of the second period but unfortunately not the first.

I honestly didn't expect ANY response, and am tickled that I got this much, especially with so little effort!  I haven't replied yet because I'm not sure if I should take this goodwill offer and run, or if I should look the gift horse in the mouth and say, "How about all of them?" or "How about 18 months instead of 12?" or "What would I have to do to get all of them deleted...can we review in X months if I stay current?"

What advice do you guys have for me?  I'm honestly tickled, but I don't want to miss out on an opportunity.   I also don't want to lose out on what I was already offered.