New Contributor
lazerz69
Re: dept edu 90 day late--Can I remove?

dbslove wrote:
Anyone have any luck? I have called emailed, faxed and sent letters without any luck..

No, no luck.  I sent two letters and no response.  I was continually told it would be handled.  I was first told it would take 3-5 days to handle.  I called back and was then told it would take 10 business days to resolve.  I called back was was told it would take 30 days to resolve.

I finally requested to speak with a supervisor, and the CSR who I was speaking with became very rude and hung-up the telephone on me.

I then called the Ombudsman's Office to file a complaint.  The Ombudsman was useless.  The Ombudsman stated that my account had been sent to a supervisor for review and that they would get back to me within 2-3 days.  As of yet I have not heard from Dept of Ed/Direct Loan and it has been 3 weeks.

However, I did hear from the Ombudsman who stated that Direct Loan would NOT remove the lates even though I was never late.  Account has been in forbearance.

Thus, I have sent a letter to the Secretary of Education and a copy to the President telling them that Department of Education  is, IMO, in violation of federal law and requesting that the lates be removed.  No response as of yet.