Established Member
SyntheticMemories
Re: Student Loan Forgiveness Act of 2012

ACTUALLY:

On Number five:

(3) QUALIFIED LOAN AMOUNT- After the borrower has made 120 monthly payments described in paragraph (1), the Secretary shall forgive--

`(A) with respect to new borrowers on or after the date of enactment of the Student Loan Forgiveness Act of 2012, the sum of--

`(i) the balance of principal and fees due on the borrower's eligible loans as of the time of such forgiveness, not to exceed $45,520; and

`(ii) the amount of interest that has accrued on the balance described in clause (i) as of the time of such forgiveness; or

`(B) with respect to any other eligible borrower, the balance of principal, interest, and fees due on the borrower's eligible loans as of the time of such forgiveness.

So, if we're done...we qualify as B. At least, that's how I've read it, and seen other people understand it. 

Basically, if we're done, we qualify for all of our debt after ten years of on time payments. But, if we are a new borrower on or after the date that this bill passes (hopefully), then you can only get forgivness for 45,520 after the ten years. 

Wallet: Citi Foward; 10,000, Lane Bryant; 1,800. AMEX BCE: 2,000 Discover IT: 7,200

Starting Score: 738 (2-27-12)
Current Score: Equifax: 786 (1-24-14) Experian: 749 TransUnion: 772 (4-17-12)
Goal Score: 760 across all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge