Regular Contributor
princechristian
Student Loan Help!

I received a student loan 10 years ago, went to college for merely 1 year. Dropped classes at end of year, left college, then 7 years later taxes were deducted to cover student loan balance. All good, because I never made one payment, although my CR reflects good standing account. Fast forward to now, attempted to go back to college to obtain degree, admitted to school, given i.d. card, etc, but while attempting to register my account reflected a balance from 10 years ago. School said I had to pay before  I could register or even get any other student loans/grants. I don't have 2300 to pay them. Has anyone else experienced this and/or was able to go around apparently owing money to school, and still register there or another school, and receive student loans or financial aid???

Thanks!

Revolvers: FP Gold $300, FP Platinum $300, Applied Bank Business $500, Kay Jewelers $500, Fingerhut $400, Gettington $300

Installers: KHEAA student loan, Dealer Funding LLC auto loan x2, Crescent Bank auto loan, Acceptance Loan Co personal loan x2

Negatives: 1 collection - 2010 $307, Auto lates - 2 30 days, 60 day, 2009 / 3 30 days, 60 day, 2012