goodcreditgroupie
Sallie Mae, Dept of Edu, and ECSI Late Removal SUCCESS!!!!
[ Edited ]

HI Ya'll,

This is my first time posting but I've been a lurker. :smileyhappy:  Here's my story:

I had 2 Sallie Mae accounts report 90 & 120 days past due (May and June 2012).  3 Direct Loan (Dept of Edu) accounts report 90 days past due (June 2012).  And 1 ECSI account reporting 30 days past due (August 2012).

As of yesterday ALL of the lates are removed and ALL of my accounts are current!!! 

I have to tell you that this was not an easy task.  I started writing letters and faxing them on 08/08/2012.  After being denied several times from each agency (and a crap ton of research), I finally got to the right people who could help. 

I contacted the office of consumer advocates at Sallie Mae and the Ombudsman at Dept of Edu.  I only contacted the consumer advocate and ombudsman once I exhausted all resources with the customer service departments.  I wanted the consumer advocate and ombudsman to see that I was diligently trying to make amends with my delinquent account status.  I told the truth on why my accounts were past due and it only took a month and a half to get everything taken care of and updated.  I'm ecstatic!  I can finally move forward with building my first home!

Don't give up and NEVER take NO for an answer...EVERYTHING is negotiable! :smileyhappy:

Wantagoodscore
Re: Sallie Mae, Dept of Edu, and ECSI Late Removal SUCCESS!!!!

Hi there, would you mind PM ing me the contact info you used thank you

7/2012 Current scores FIco TU 726/ FIco EQ 722

Goal 750 and up
Wallet citi thank you $9000/ Discover More $8000/ BOA Cash rewards $5000 SD Cap1 $500
garden Mode for at least 6months Jan 2013
New Visitor
mercedescardona
[ Edited ]

Can you PM me who you contacted.  I contacted the Dept of Ed and Sallie Mae regarding showing being late on my credit report when my loans were being deferred.  They said they couldn't change it and that I had to dispute it, yet that didn't help much.  It would definitely help me knowing who else I can go to or what to do to clear out this mess, this is what is keeping my credit score low.

Edited to remove some HTML jibberish.

goodcreditgroupie

Hey guys!

Check your inbox!

Good luck!

Valued Member
cem13

Ditto for me.  Can you give me the Direct Loan Advocate please?

I have rehabbed my student loans after 9 months.  I made my first payment to DOE this month.  However, the loan has still not been transferred back to DOE and they are still reporting as negative.  I need to elevate this.

MyFICO JAN2014: EQ=704, TU=720, EX=708
MyFICO May2013: EQ=701, TU=708, EX=705 (Lender Pull).
MyFICO March13: EQ=680; TU=677
MyFICO 09JAN13: EQ & TU = 677) 2 years after filing BK7, 18 months after discharge in Jun2011
MyFICO (09SEP12: EQ 677; TU: 670) 16 months after discharge BK7.
Myfico (JUL12: EQ 671) 13 months after BK7.

Contributor
jmco

Any chance you can get me the salliemae info, would really appreciate it!  I have a few lates on sallieMae and have had no luck with them....congrats to you!

Starting Score: 720
Current Score: 626
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Visitor
SAmanns

Can someone PLEASE send me the contact information? Sallie Mae is showing that I was suddenly 150+ days late in March, and then 60 days in April. (Makes no sense!) I have proof that I was making payments during that time and they continue to refuse my credit disputing. I am trying to buy a home my family really wants and needs, and this is standing in our way.

Thank you!!

goodcreditgroupie

CHeck your inboxes!

If anyone else would like the contact info, please inbox me :smileywink:

Good Luck!

Valued Member
cem13

Called the Ombudsman today.  They could not help me.

9th Payment Aug 10th

10th (1st payment to DOE) Oct 3

No change to T/Ls or account.

Called Direct Loans. I informed her that the DOE website says it can take UP TO 60 days to get loan back in house.  CS person DID NOT confirm this.  I told her that the website says this.  She still did not acknowledge timeframe.  I am to continue to make payments monthly until loan is taken over.  It is possible that it will NEVER happen.

T/L cannot be cleaned up until loan is taken over.  I offered to get private funding and pay it off.  CS said T/L will say "paid in collections", not "paid as agreed , paid in full".

So the Ombudsman agreed with all of this.  The only way the T/L gets cleaned up is when the loan gets taken over.  So the only real solution is to stay the course and continue to pay them monthly.  This makes no sense I know..   I then told them the system is broke and Obama needs to go.  She didnt even crack a smile at that one. 

Since it is the DOE there is no Judicial recourse either.  So I could end up paying off the loan in 3 years and my T/L will say paid in collections.  The DOE sux.

MyFICO JAN2014: EQ=704, TU=720, EX=708
MyFICO May2013: EQ=701, TU=708, EX=705 (Lender Pull).
MyFICO March13: EQ=680; TU=677
MyFICO 09JAN13: EQ & TU = 677) 2 years after filing BK7, 18 months after discharge in Jun2011
MyFICO (09SEP12: EQ 677; TU: 670) 16 months after discharge BK7.
Myfico (JUL12: EQ 671) 13 months after BK7.

Contributor
Poorboi

That sucks, I just made my second rehab payment