Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account privileges?

tag
Bman70
Established Contributor

Account privileges?

So why such a restrictive policy on uploading images? Usually that's a spam-fighting tactic, but most other forums let you after either 3 days, a week, or some amount of posts like 50 or maybe more. I've posted well over 100 now, participated in dozens of threads, and am obviously not a spam-bot! Lol. What do I have to do to just simply post an image, I can't even put images in my sig now, if I wanted to show my cards. All that happens is a little question mark box shows up. Thanks for any help

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Account privileges?

Maybe we just don't like you! Smiley Happy

Tongue-out-of-cheek, not certain.  What code were you attempting to input for your signature?  I've posted a note for our support rep, you are correct it's not supposed to be that restrictive.

        
Message 2 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Can you try again please?  Our forum ninja checked your permissions and you were missing one of our standard elements which we trigger the image restriction on: that's been fixed.

        
Message 3 of 19
Bman70
Established Contributor

Ok here's one, thanks. It just gives me the option to paste an image url. This one points to my Dropbox

Edit: still just a little blue box with question mark

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 4 of 19
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

I got it fixed for you.

I found out that dropbox doesn't "play well" with tinymce, so I had to go in and pull the image from the source code on that page.  You're all set now.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 19
Bman70
Established Contributor

Still just looks like a blue error box to me.. I'll try using Imgur instead

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 6 of 19
Bman70
Established Contributor

Still not working (see error box in my sig). Anyone able to give me any tips? 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 7 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Bman70 wrote:

It was the same problem.  This forum doesn't know what to do with the full page as displayed by imgur or the other service you tried: click on the image you wanted on imgur which takes you to the base jpg file, and that's something you can include in your signature.

For reference (without http: // for example):

Broken - imgur.com/uhYeY4v

Working - i.imgur.com/uhYeY4v.jpg

        
Message 8 of 19
Bman70
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

It was the same problem.  This forum doesn't know what to do with the full page as displayed by imgur or the other service you tried: click on the image you wanted on imgur which takes you to the base jpg file, and that's something you can include in your signature.

For reference (without http: // for example):

Broken - imgur.com/uhYeY4v

Working - i.imgur.com/uhYeY4v.jpg

Great! Looks like it works now (at least for my sig). I thought their little encrypted links pointed to the file, but I guess not. Thanks for the assistance Revelate and KaLin!

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 9 of 19
diphendrix
Established Member

exactly how many posts do we have to be at in order to get html capabilities? or is it something just determined by mods?

BK7 Discharge: Feb 2014 Starting Score: 579 Current FICO Score: 656

Goal Score: 660 short | 800+ long Goals Hit: 2 Active Cards: 6

Gardening Since: June 2014 Garden Goal: December 2014

Wish List: Chase Slate | Chase Disney | Discover IT | Barclays NFL Sig
CapOne QuicksilverOne : CL: $300CapOne Classic Platinum : CL: $300CapOne Sony : CL: $500J Crew : CL: $450Express NextVS Angel

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.