Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Search - By Thread?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advanced Search - By Thread?

Is it possible to search the forums by thread instead of by post? If not, I think it would make a great addition to the forums because although I search by Title to look up very specific content, there are always hundreds of responses that return as posts and there is an incredible amount of duplication while trying to scroll through these. If searching by thread were available, new users would be able to find what they are looking for much more easily and not have to ask the same questions over and over.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advanced Search - By Thread?

Just type in the words that you know are in the title of the thread in the "All the words" box

Untick all the check boxes except the one labeled "Subject"

In the drop down box  "Return only posts from" choose the forum you think it was in

This is all under the advanced search

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean is it possible to return the search results as Threads instead of Posts? For example, if I do what you suggested, I may get 40 pages of results that only contain 5 threads because it returns every post of each thread. It makes it practically impossible to find all of the relevant threads and it wastes time because I have to reread the same posts when they are a part of the same thread as many titles of threads vary by only a few words.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I am assuming it is not possible to do this. I do offer it as a suggestion for future improvements to the forum; it would make it much easier to find information and avoid duplicate posts.
Message 4 of 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Goal800 wrote:
So I am assuming it is not possible to do this. I do offer it as a suggestion for future improvements to the forum; it would make it much easier to find information and avoid duplicate posts.
Good suggestion, Goal800. I'll suggest it to the Lithium folks who host our community. Thanks!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.