cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

tag
chally
Regular Contributor

Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

Hi, after spending a considerable chunk of time getting together a new post, upon submission I get this error message. Of course, the composed post is now toast. Any sage advice for reliably readying a post? I mean i just spent a couple of hours, jeez...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.

@chally wrote:

Hi, after spending a considerable chunk of time getting together a new post, upon submission I get this error message. Of course, the composed post is now toast. Any sage advice for reliably readying a post? I mean i just spent a couple of hours, jeez...

Hi chally,

I'm really sorry you lost the post upon submission.  If you spent over 90 minutes composing it, your session might have timed out.  There is also the chance you hit a glitch...it happens sometimes.  If this happens regularly please let me know.  Include the browser and version you use.

I've been where you're at many a times on other forums.  If I'm writing a very long post with a lot of info and details, I'll put it in a word document or even better in note pad so I don't have to deal with unwanted HTML code.  If it's saved somewhere else, I don't have to worry about losses like these.

mod.moose
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

On rare occassion, when that happened, I clicked the Back button on my browser. Doesn't always work, but it has worked before. And yes, I too, have written long posts and lost them. Aside from copying from Word, I had success in posting and editing every 30 minutes or so. It'll save it and then you can come back if distracted by work, life, etc.

Message 3 of 5
chally
Regular Contributor

Thank you both for the comments. Sometimes I don't realize just how long I've been "at" something. The suggestions offered by you both make a lot of sense and I think I'l make a habit of composing longer posts in a text program, then copying it over when ready. Again, thank you both.

Message 4 of 5
chally
Regular Contributor

Believe me, I was hoping the back button would snatch me from death's door!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.