Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casual questions

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Casual questions

How do you you add a local non-URL image to a post?

Why doesn't the Insert/edit Link Target value default to "open in new window"?

And how come there's no TU edition of myFICO SW?

Many thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Casual questions

image: Save the desired image to My Documents (Windows) or Documents (Mac.) For some reason, I have to re-save the Mac image as a jpeg file, because it saves as a tiff file, and it has to be jpeg. Anyway, once you've saved it, click the image of what appears to be a tiny tree on the menu bar above. Hit browse and select wherever you saved it, and then just follow the instructions. Do check the size first, though, using the Preview function. Some images show up as huge, especially those that you imported from your camera, etc.

default to new window: I dunno, but it ought to! I hope they fix this on the next upgrade.

TU SW: Scorewatch is a joint project between Equifax and FICO. Everyone wishes that TU would do the same, but... Not to mention getting the currently-used version of the TU FICO score, both here and on TU's site!!! I guess when it comes to this sort of thing, it comes down to the old it-takes-two-to-tango reality.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Thanks much.

I don't see a tiny tree on the menu bar above though.

The insert/edit image button on the post message rich text toolbar looks a little like a tree, but there's no browse inside.

Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

On the Rich Text menu bar, there's some sort of green blob right under the down arrow by the font size and to the right of the link symbol.

I used html here for several years until the most recent upgrade, and then I had to reluctantly switch to Rich Text. I've gotten used to the look of it now, I guess, although the indents and extra white lines drive me nuts.

Anyway, if you're on the Rich Text tab above, look for the green thingy. I assumed it was supposed to be a tree, but there's really no telling, lol.

eta: oh shoot, I didn't answer you at all, did I? OK, so you're seeing the tree-ish symbol. When you click on it, the box that pops up has three tabs. Make sure that you choose "From my computer." On that one you'll see the Browse button.

I was so excited to figure how to post from my computer that I haven't experimented with the "From my gallery" or "From another site" options. I just capture an image, put it on my computer, and go from there. I'm going to have to let someone more bold describe how to work the other two. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

OK, so you're seeing the tree-ish symbol. When you click on it, the box that pops up has three tabs. Make sure that you choose "From my computer."

I see only one tab, which is entitled "insert/edit image". Smiley Sad

Tried IE and Firefox in Windows as well as Safari and Firefox on the Mac.

Unfortunately I can't send you an screenshot of it. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 7
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

OK, so you're seeing the tree-ish symbol. When you click on it, the box that pops up has three tabs. Make sure that you choose "From my computer."

I see only one tab, which is entitled "insert/edit image". Smiley Sad

Tried IE and Firefox in Windows as well as Safari and Firefox on the Mac.

Unfortunately I can't send you an screenshot of it. Smiley Tongue

This icon173iC1AAC43B03E9A88E (a picture of a tree) is the insert/image editor button.  For regular users you need to have the image saved on a picture hosting site like photobucket, imageshack, etc.  Here's a post that has the instructions->  Link 

my-own-fico you will see a pop-up box that looks like this:

175i07DD0293FDDF77D1

Haulingthescoreup is a Community Leader and along with moderators, we have a special permission that allow us to upload images directly from our computer as a tool to help others on the myFico forums.  I hope this clears this up.

mod.moose
Message 6 of 7
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@mod-moose wrote:
I hope this clears this up.

Very much so! Many thanks to both of you.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.