Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contributor, Senior Member, Etc.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contributor, Senior Member, Etc.

Is it based on board posts, time spent, length of membership, etc.? Is it significant in any other way? (i.e. you can't post links until you you are a x, you can't PM until you are a y, etc.)

Is there a hierarchy? What is it?

I'm just wondering because I noticed mine switched to "Senior Member" today after a just a couple months and 29 posts, and was just wondering whether it was just like most forums - the part hardly any sysop (uh. I mean administrator) customizes, but some new members might actually consider carries weight when someone speaks.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Contributor, Senior Member, Etc.

As you noticed, the ranking have just changed and are not based on the content of the post, but rather based on a combination of a number of factors based on participation on here. You can still PM from day one as well as create siggies (hence the FICO Challenge siggies).

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Coming-Soon-New-Member-Ranks/td-p/951100

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I swear I searched! Though I think I only looked in Forum Help.. All I saw was something about 500 posts and Super Contributor.

I thought 28/29 posts was kind of arbitrary - thanks for the link!

Message 3 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I swear I searched! Though I think I only looked in Forum Help.. All I saw was something about 500 posts and Super Contributor.

I thought 28/29 posts was kind of arbitrary - thanks for the link!

500 posts is when you become a super contributor with the ability to have your personalized avatar

Message 4 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

500 posts is when you become a super contributor with the ability to have your personalized avatar

A couple of clarifications about the new ranking system.

1. Before the new ranks were introduced a user needed 500 post to get the custom avatar. We didn't change that because we didn't want anyone to lose the ability to change their custom avatar, however there is more to the new formula than just posts, so posting to just rank up won't work.

2. We did keep some of the old names, however the Super Contributor of today is much higher on the ranking scale than the Super Contributor of yesterday

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

A couple of clarifications about the new ranking system.

1. Before the new ranks were introduced a user needed 500 post to get the custom avatar. We didn't change that because we didn't want anyone to lose the ability to change their custom avatar, however there is more to the new formula than just posts, so posting to just rank up won't work.

2. We did keep some of the old names, however the Super Contributor of today is much higher on the ranking scale than the Super Contributor of yesterday

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Marine, is it a secret formula like FICO ?? Smiley Happy

So what are the new ranks now? I was an O4 what's that in terms of myfico Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

Marine, is it a secret formula like FICO ?? Smiley Happy

So what are the new ranks now? I was an O4 what's that in terms of myfico Smiley Happy

Here is a list of the New Ranks.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So now we have a FICO Username 2010 formula and 2011 formula?

Does it get abbreviated to FU10 and FU11?

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So now we have a FICO Username 2010 formula and 2011 formula?

Does it get abbreviated to FU10 and FU11?

Smiley Happy

The old FICO Rank formula dates back to 2007, so it would have to be FR07 and FR11. Smiley Very Happy

mod.moose
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.