Reply
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,254
Registered: ‎03-12-2007

Create More Forums With Less Clutter

I would like myfico to create more specific forums, ones that are shorter and not a 100 pages long.  General Credit Questions Forum could be subdivided into one forum for each category, like this:
 
Credit Scoring 101
Credit Repair
Credit Cards
Mortgages/REFIs/foreclosing/HELOC
Loans (including personal, student and auto)
Collections/Charge-Offs
Bankruptcy/Tax Liens
Disputes/DV/MOV
Success Stories.
 
I feel this is necessary since this forum is not even four months old and we are closing in on 25 thousand posts.  It's becoming difficult to sift through all this.  Any forum I did not List?  Anyone agree? 
 
 
Credit Cards:
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa 10K
Administrator
Raine
Posts: 689
Registered: ‎03-05-2007

Re: Create More Forums With Less Clutter

Hey Fused! Barry and myself have discussed on and off new boards that could be created. It's probably pretty safe to say we'll be breaking out into more forums in the near future. :smileyhappy:

I think as far as "credit repair" goes, we may have to focus on a wording change for something like that, mainly because we don't want to accidentally encourage the wrong type of credit repair discussion.

The others sound good to me, though!

I'll be talking to Barry about this in the coming weeks, and I'm sure we'll have a new set of boards. It's overwhelming to everyone right about now, I'm sure! :smileyhappy:

On the up side, I didn't expect this community to be so popular this quickly! It's great that we're getting to a point where we *have* to branch out!
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice
Posts: 8,158
Registered: ‎03-25-2007

Re: Create More Forums With Less Clutter

Don't forget the special forum for "Politics, Religion and Sex"  :smileyvery-happy:
 
It is always a fun one  :smileywink:
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,254
Registered: ‎03-12-2007

Re: Create More Forums With Less Clutter



MidnightVoice wrote:
Don't forget the special forum for "Politics, Religion and Sex"  :smileyvery-happy:
 
It is always a fun one  :smileywink:


Ok, its now a three man race for most amusing poster: Midnight, Noah and TNWM!
Credit Cards:
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa 10K
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,254
Registered: ‎03-12-2007

Re: Create More Forums With Less Clutter



Raine wrote:
Hey Fused! Barry and myself have discussed on and off new boards that could be created. It's probably pretty safe to say we'll be breaking out into more forums in the near future. :smileyhappy:

I think as far as "credit repair" goes, we may have to focus on a wording change for something like that, mainly because we don't want to accidentally encourage the wrong type of credit repair discussion.

The others sound good to me, though!

I'll be talking to Barry about this in the coming weeks, and I'm sure we'll have a new set of boards. It's overwhelming to everyone right about now, I'm sure! :smileyhappy:

On the up side, I didn't expect this community to be so popular this quickly! It's great that we're getting to a point where we *have* to branch out!

Splendid!  Cannot wait to see what you folks come up with.
Credit Cards:
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa 10K
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007

Re: Create More Forums With Less Clutter

Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007

Re: Create More Forums With Less Clutter



MidnightVoice wrote:
Don't forget the special forum for "Politics, Religion and Sex"  :smileyvery-happy:
 
It is always a fun one  :smileywink:


And a sure way to establish oneself as a post wh*re.
 
Moderator Emeritus
fused
Posts: 16,254
Registered: ‎03-12-2007

Re: Create More Forums With Less Clutter



Noah_Bodie wrote:
I wanna see a listing of the top posters so we can see who's the biggest loser.


And how might we determine who the big loser is?
Credit Cards:
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa 10K
Valued Contributor
TheNewWorldMan
Posts: 2,374
Registered: ‎03-15-2007

Re: Create More Forums With Less Clutter

Let's not forget the fora for goldfish fanciers and UFOlogists, too.

The pictures I saw on YouTube were really grainy, but I KNOW that was the basement of the Fair-Isaac HQ where they took the Roswell crash survivors. I can tell because there was this barely legible sticker above a workstation that said, "going for 850!" I'm assuming the "850" wasn't referring to light-years...
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...
Valued Contributor
TheNewWorldMan
Posts: 2,374
Registered: ‎03-15-2007

Re: Create More Forums With Less Clutter



fused111 wrote:
I would like myfico to create more specific forums, ones that are shorter and not a 100 pages long. General Credit Questions Forum could be subdivided into one forum for each category, like this:
Credit Scoring 101
Credit Repair
Credit Cards
Mortgages/REFIs/foreclosing/HELOC
Loans (including personal, student and auto)
Collections/Charge-Offs
Bankruptcy/Tax Liens
Disputes/DV/MOV
Success Stories.
I feel this is necessary since this forum is not even four months old and we are closing in on 25 thousand posts. It's becoming difficult to sift through all this. Any forum I did not List? Anyone agree?





Great ideas...only let's call "Credit Repair" "Credit Recovery" instead.

I am planning on stickying a thread called "Postnuclear Credit" designed for people who wound up in a deep (below 500) FICO hole to post their stories and tactics.
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+