Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax can't give me a score? Huh?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax can't give me a score? Huh?

Ok, so after I called Equifax this morning to ask them how to get my address changed to the correct current address and they told me to mail in a copy of my SS card and drivers license (which I did earlier today) I then called back because I could not get them to pull a  FICO score for me on their website.

The woman told me I needed to have three lines of credit open for at least six months to generate a score with them. Huh? I have not had any line of credit for a few years (because my credit has been in the toilet ofr years) and I don't currently have any lines of credit and my question is this. If I apply for a CC or something and they pull EQ and EQ does not have a score for me then I get denied, therefore never able to establish the three lines of credit they need in order to give me a score. Does this make sense to anyone? I am running in circles.

Also the woman told me that in order to get my address changed I would need to fax in proof of my address with a copy of a utility bill in order, DL and SS card even though the guy this morning told me to mail in copies of my DL and SS card.

Ugh, I have a headache. I am more concerned with the three lines of credit thing .  Anyone have a clue as to what to do?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Equifax can't give me a score? Huh?

Since OP also posted this on General Credit Issues, and there are replies on that post, here is the link to it:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=75979

I'm going to lock this thread before we start getting duplicates going. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.