cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposed IP Addresses

tag
Bsmoke

Exposed IP Addresses

This is a formal request by me to ask that myFICO consider removing IP Addresses from visitors' forum profiles.  This information is too easily exploited these days, and it's just asking for trouble to have these out in the open, unencrypted on top of that.  I'm forced to lock my profile out of personal concerns (as so should everyone else for the most part).
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Exposed IP Addresses

This info isn't accessible by others. Using my profile as an example, can you read my IP or name?
Message Edited by llecs on 03-23-2009 10:37 PM
Message 2 of 6
Bsmoke

Heh, well what'dya know.  Thanks for being so understanding in answering my question.
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Almost had a heart-attack. I wouldn't want my personal info visible to others either.
Message 4 of 6
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Yeah when you look at your profile while you are logged in, you see ALOT more than you would if you visited the same page logged out. I figured this out by logging out and visiting the same page Smiley Happy Plus you can also set alot of things private in the settings and under preferences. Check there and make sure all is as you like.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 5 of 6
728sofar

OH, I am glad to find this thread, as i too, had same complaint.   I bet we are not the only people who had heart attacks when we looked at our OWN profile pages.   To whom IS this visible, the mods? the website builders?  

I also had NO IDEA  my full name was on my profile, i see my page has had 79 views or something, thanks a lot.  what an odd thing.  I have since changed my privacy settings, and using a fake name, but, why would a website do this?  Or, is my full name, on my profile, only posted there for *me* to see it? Or what's up with that?

ONE SIMPLE FIX to stop members from having heart attacks that their location and name, etc, are being posted on a website about finances,
would be if the site admins would do this:
ON the privacy settings, make it clear THERE, riiiiight there, that the IP address is NOT visible, and that you just post it on our profile pages as kind of a joke to scare us.

Or, right above the IP addresses, big red letters:  "only YOU can see this IP address, we just posted your IP address on your profile, in case you yourself did not know where you are." or something.

~//I used to be broke and LOUSY with money
(*some* of this was just not enough cash as a youth, college debt, raising kid$,etc)
but, *some* of it WAS carelessness on my part)
but have hope.
EQ FICO score = 728 & TU fico is 737.
I have more to learn, but headed in the right direction now.//~
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.