Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forums Slow to Load?

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Forums Slow to Load?

Is anyone else having trouble getting the forums to load in a speedy manner lately?  This is the only site that is taking up to a minute to load sometimes.  All the other sites I visit regularly work just fine.  It doesn't seem to matter if I'm logged in or not; it's just slow, slow slow.  It's making me visit the forums less & less, unfortunately.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Forums Slow to Load?

No problems for me laz.

Message 2 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

Thanks, MVV.  I can't figure out why it would just be the forums.

Message 3 of 11
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@laz98 wrote:

Is anyone else having trouble getting the forums to load in a speedy manner lately?  This is the only site that is taking up to a minute to load sometimes.  All the other sites I visit regularly work just fine.  It doesn't seem to matter if I'm logged in or not; it's just slow, slow slow.  It's making me visit the forums less & less, unfortunately.

Hi laz98,

I'm sorry you are having a problem with the forums loading.  I haven't noticed any problems.  What browser are you using?  You might try clearing your cache.  

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

mod.moose
Message 4 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

@mod-moose wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

Hi laz98,

I'm sorry you are having a problem with the forums loading.  I haven't noticed any problems.  What browser are you using?  You might try clearing your cache.  

Hi Moose.  I'm using Firefox 11.  I haven't upgraded to 12 because it isn't compatible with my Norton Toolbar.

Actually the last time I cleared my cache to solve a different computer problem, is when I think this problem started, LOL.  But something was bugging my memory, so i searched the forums, & I actually posted about this same problem in March of last year, to no avail.  Not sure what to do.

Message 5 of 11
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@laz98 wrote:

@mod-moose wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

Hi laz98,

Hi Moose.  I'm using Firefox 11.  I haven't upgraded to 12 because it isn't compatible with my Norton Toolbar.

Actually the last time I cleared my cache to solve a different computer problem, is when I think this problem started, LOL.  But something was bugging my memory, so i searched the forums, & I actually posted about this same problem in March of last year, to no avail.  Not sure what to do.

I've already upgraded to Firefox 12, but Firefox 11 should work.  

OH...look at Norton  (another Lithium powered community)...it looks like they now have support for the Firefox12 and the Tool Bar.  -> Link

Cache should probably be clear on a regular basis.  I know I'm bad at it too, but it's the first thing I do to make sure that's not the issue.

mod.moose
Message 6 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

@mod-moose wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

@mod-moose wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

Hi laz98,

OH...look at Norton  (another Lithium powered community)...it looks like they now have support for the Firefox12 and the Tool Bar.  -> Link

Cache should probably be clear on a regular basis.  I know I'm bad at it too, but it's the first thing I do to make sure that's not the issue.

Well, cleared the cache, & restarted my computer.  Still slow, but not as slow.  Not top-notch for sure.  Guess that will have to do.

Does the new Firefox look any different than 11?  I hate when they change it & I have to find a way to get it back the way I like it.

Message 7 of 11
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@laz98 wrote:

@mod-moose wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

@mod-moose wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

Hi laz98,

Well, cleared the cache, & restarted my computer.  Still slow, but not as slow.  Not top-notch for sure.  Guess that will have to do.

Does the new Firefox look any different than 11?  I hate when they change it & I have to find a way to get it back the way I like it.

When I upgraded I skipped a few versions and don't really remember.  I was a die hard Internet Explorer person...I mean I would not switch to save the world!  Then my son's and co-workers finally convinced me to switch to Firefox because it was better and faster.  I finally came to love Firefox, BUT now my son's have talked me into Chrome.  WOW...there is better speed there!  I'm not good with change either and I'm having a harder time finding what I need on Chrome, but I will say it has the speed.  I go back to Firefox and IE for a few things.  

Maybe you could just give Chrome a try and see if the speed improves.  You can easily have more than one browser...I have 4 so I can test for users issues!  Smiley Happy

mod.moose
Message 8 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

Oh no, you went to Chrome!  Aaaaaaaahh!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

I don't really like Chrome that much...it doesn't work with any of my plugins.  I found it pretty hard to use.  I uninstalled it after a week or so.  I kind of wish I had never installed it, because now I get a script error all the time that says it's related to Chrome, & it makes me shut down my Firefox.

Message 9 of 11
mod-moose
Administrator Emeritus

@laz98 wrote:

Oh no, you went to Chrome!  Aaaaaaaahh!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

I don't really like Chrome that much...it doesn't work with any of my plugins.  I found it pretty hard to use.  I uninstalled it after a week or so.  I kind of wish I had never installed it, because now I get a script error all the time that says it's related to Chrome, & it makes me shut down my Firefox.

Yes.....I went to the dark side!  Smiley Very Happy  I really don't know that much about browsers, but I wonder if any of your issues are related to the uninstalled Chrome?  

mod.moose
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.