Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML <a> href Attribute

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

HTML <a> href Attribute

Would you know if the HTML <a href="#abc">ABC</a> or something equivalent is supported when composing a post in these forums?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

Re: HTML <a> href Attribute

HTML tags are supported.

When composing a post with HTML tags, you can switch tabs from Rich Text to the HTML tab in the word editor.  Then you can preview the post on the preview tab to check the formatting.

Message 2 of 6
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I trust you have actually tried it? When I try it, the editor objects to invalid HTML code; it removes and corrects, but I get nowhere. Can you show me a sample body of text that you have verified to be working?

I am interested in composing a post, so that a given section within it can be referenced by a URL. For instance it would come in handy to jump straight to the place in the Score Watch guide that offers definitions of score alert vs credit alert.

Message 3 of 6
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

Ahhh. . . if I'm understanding you correctly, you actually want to link to a particular URL in your post.

To do that, highlight the text in your post with your mouse and click on the hyperlink (chain) icon in the text editor.  Then, you can insert the URL of where you want to link to and the hyperlink will be created in the post.

Message 4 of 6
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Let me try to explain it differently, this time using an example. The following URL goes directly to message 3 in this thread.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Forums-Technical-Help/HTML-lt-a-gt-href-Attribute/m-p/1631222...

But what if you would like the URL to point to a particular place inside the message? Then perhaps the URL could look like this.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Forums-Technical-Help/HTML-lt-a-gt-href-Attribute/m-p/1631222...

Does that make sense to you?

Message 5 of 6
KaLin
Administrator Emeritus

OK.  That makes sense.  If you're replying in the same thread, the best thing to do is use the quote button for the post you're referring to and then edit out the text that you don't need.

If you're wanting to link to it in a different thread, you canl only link to the post itself, rather than to a particular part of the post.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.